Amara, an award winning software platform, is growing. We are looking for a seasoned professional, a highly driven self-starter with strong abilities to build a robust pipeline and close major enterprise deals. The ideal candidate will have a proven ability to successfully sell enterprise software solutions to senior-level executives of Global 1000 corporations, media organizations, and educational institutions.
Responsibilities include securing new business leads through a variety of channels, conducting virtual and live presentations around our solution and capabilities, building consensus, and negotiating and closing long-term agreements with enterprise accounts. You will work remotely and sell into a national marketplace.
- Identifies and qualifies legitimate sales opportunities, provides a consultative and value-added approach to developing relationships
- Develop, negotiate, and close long-term agreements, and work with the product development team to ensure smooth customer integrations
- Maintains ongoing relationship with prospective clients, continuously assessing and communicating how we might better address/meet their needs
- Develops and delivers sales presentations to potential clients
- Develops and implements sales plans and activities
- Learns about the Amara platform, keeps up to date with the market, market trends, and the competitive landscape
- Attains or exceed sales quota by identifying customers business challenges and aligning products/services that delivers significant value
- Conduct virtual and live presentations around our solutions
- Assist in developing marketing strategy and materials specific to each target vertical
- Minimum of 5+ years experience in software, media, or education sales, with a minimum of 3 years of verifiable quota performance.
- Sales Executive must be highly motivated self-starter with excellent oral and written communication skills, strong interpersonal skills, formal presentation skills before small and large groups, demonstrated problem solving ability and negotiation skills (with special emphasis on closing sales), experience managing territories and state-of-the-art products, good follow-through and time management skills, and attention to detail.
- Top 10% in your field. Exceptional sales performance history that can be confirmed through references and documentation.
- Experience selling a Software as a Service (SaaS) application is a big plus. Solution sales or consulting experience preferred.
- Experience in open-source software, translation, or accessibility is not required, but is a plus.
- Maybe 20% - 30% travel required.
Compensation is very competitive and commensurate with experience. Base salary plus generous commission. Targeted start date is March 2012.
Amara (http://www.universalsubtitles.org) is a division of the Participatory Culture Foundation, a technology NGO based in the United States. Our organization is a hybrid-- we have a strong social mission but take a market based approach to growing our products and building sustainability. We have raised capital for Amara from Mozilla, Mozilla Europe, Knight Foundation, and MacArthur Foundation.
Amara was launched in late 2010, and in just one year it has already won three awards for its advancements in technology and positive social impact. The platform is growing very quickly in usage by individuals as well as major organizations. As we launch our enterprise platform with internationally known customers, we are aggressively building our sales capacity internally and through external relationships.
Email: email@example.com Please include a resume and a note about why this position is of interest.