We are looking for a creative and driven individual to lead our market development, sales, and outreach strategies in Europe, who will scale and quickly grow the market for our award-winning Amara software platform.
This individual will be based in Europe, knows and has deep experience with the European market, specifically in software or media. This individual will be responsible for increasing product awareness, building leads, generating strong sales, and revenue for the Amara enterprise platform. This position is a critical component of the Amara executive team.
- Build awareness and adoption of the Amara platform in Europe, with particular focus on media organizations, government, universities, and NGOs.
- Represent Amara in Europe.
- Cultivate and manage Amara relationships in the region.
- Generate buzz and presence for Amara Europe.
- Support PR efforts with press and analysts.
- Build and grow the Amara European market.
- Build our market and product strategy in Europe.
- Identify key go-to-market partners to leverage in order to quickly build scale
- and market awareness.
- Lead our business development efforts to develop and secure these key alliances.
- Act as sales lead in key enterprise opportunities.
- Optimize lead capture, filtering, scoring, and activation processes.
- Develop strong sales pipeline for the following European verticals:
- Government Agencies / UN
- Public Broadcasters
- Participate in the development of our global sales strategy.
- Develop a multi-year business plan for sustained profit and growth as an independent business unit.
- Provide customer feedback to product development and management teams for product roadmap requirements.
- Develop reporting mechanisms and dashboards for executive visibility.
- Generate knowledge and greater understanding of the European fundraising system.
- Interact effectively with all levels of the organization demonstrating strong leadership abilities.
- Responsible for meeting metrics and milestones we collaboratively develop and agree upon.
- 5+ years experience in enterprise software or media.
- 5+ years sales experience.
- Experience in open-source software, translation, or accessibility is not required, but is a plus.
Compensation is very competitive and commensurate with experience. Base salary plus generous commission. Targeted start date, late February 2012.
This position will have ambitious but realistic and specific goals for sales and outreach. We will be focusing on certain verticals in particular, including education, NGO, and government.
This position has strong opportunities for advancement-- our company is in the early stages of building a global sales team and developing reseller relationships in various global markets. We are looking for ambitious and focused leaders to develop and execute sales strategies.
Amara (www.universalsubtitles.org) is a division of the Participatory Culture Foundation, a technology NGO based in the United States. Our organization is a hybrid-- we have a strong social mission but take a market based approach to growing our products and building sustainability. We have raised capital for Amara from Mozilla, Mozilla Europe, Knight Foundation, and MacArthur Foundation.
Amara launched in late 2010 and has already won three awards for its advancements in technology and positive social impact. The platform is growing very quickly in usage by individuals as well as organizations. As we launch our enterprise platform with initial customers, we are aggressively building our sales capacity internally and through external relationships. Europe represents a substantial opportunity for us to build a customer base and expand our reach to individual users.
Email email@example.com before February 20, 2012. Please include a resume and a brief note about why this position is of interest.